Wednesday, March 20, 2013

You can't buy happiness but you can buy PCX and that's pretty close




It's been a while (well actually very long time) since I create any post in my blog. I'm very busy flexing my muscle between study for my post-graduate, lecturing, and many things that I need to do. Now I'm back and hopefully can create more post in my blog as it should be.

Thing is I'm quite happy that finally been able to get a new scooter, a PCX 150. I've been eyeing this scooter since it's first appearance back in 2009. But back then PCX only have 125 cc displacement and I just got my new Skywave for a few month.  Now three years later and with 25cc more I can justify the purchase. I don't want to reviewing the PCX 150 too much, there are hundred or thousand pages that already talk about PCX from it's technicality. I want talk about PCX from the user side, why I choose PCX instead other scooter and why I'm happy with it.

First of all I need second personal transportation. Due to the new rules proposed by the governor to impose vehicle traffic limitation based on odd and even license plate number. Since I don't want to purchase another light compact scooter, I may as well choose 'bigger' scooter such as PCX. Other 'big' scooter that was on my consideration include Joyride by SYM and even LX and Liberty by Piaggio.

Secondly this 'bigger' scooter should fun and comfortable enough to ride and have distinct look. PCX surely fall into that category. Thirdly have rather large under seat storage that can accomodate helmet and few other things nicely. Other criteria including the size that even tough big, the scooter should still easily enough fit the heavy traffic and narrow alley without hassle. Also the scooter must have enough power and consume fuel with good economical ratio. All that criteria can be match by PCX and thus make me quite happy.

There are other cons about PCX (of course there's no such thing as perfect scooter) but the cons either can be handled easily through additional accessories (i.e storage, hook, rear shock, tire, etc) or not bother me at all (i.e clock, flat deck, back support, etc). So when my license plate finally arrive I will ride around with my PCX as much as I could and you will hear more about it from me.  

No comments: